If you are planning a visit to the city of Kolkata then you need to have a good understanding of the places to be visited in this particular city. Basically, this particular city is the city of joy which has plenty of things to be offered to tourists who are very much interested to explore. Whether you are a literature student or a person who is interested to have a good understanding of different cultures, there will be something for everyone in this particular city. Your stay at hotels like JW Marriot Kolkata can help you visit the following places easily:
- Victoria Memorial:This is the best imposing white monument which is one of the most important places in the city. This place has been named after Queen Victoria because it is serving as a museum and is the perfect place for history lovers. The time period of Indians’ freedom struggle has been very well shown here through the books, sculptures, artefacts and paintings. The timing of this particular place is 10 AM-5 PM and it is closed on Mondays and national holidays.
- Howrah Bridge Kolkata: Visiting this particular place is one of the best things you can do in this particular city. Basically, this is the unofficial emblem of the city and ultimately spending time near the ocean is simply worth it. People can simply sit here over in silence and observe the fishermen go to their work both in the morning and at night. This particular bridge has been very well named after Rabindranath Tagore and is also known as RabindraSetu.
- Park Street Kolkata: This is one of the most important places that you need to visit so that you will be having the best possible brunch with your best friends. This particular place comes with one of the best possible types of cafes and restaurants in the city and basically, this is a hub for all the people who are interested to chill out. From the high-end restaurant to the iconic clubs, this particular place comes with several benefits for the individuals and ultimately also helps in providing people with access to independent nightclubs. Hence, if the youth is very much interested to roam here and there in Kolkata, then visiting this particular place is definitely a good idea.
- New market in Kolkata: This particular place was built by the British in 1874 and is one of the major paradises for shopaholics. One of the major benefits of this particular place is that it is a place for youngsters and ultimately is the perfect market for different kinds of stalls. If individuals are having the talent for bargaining, then visiting this particular place is definitely a good idea because this could be the perfect place for such shopping lovers.
- Babughat Kolkata: This particular place is one of the most important places to be visited because it comes with the best possible seeding views for individuals. It will be definitely helpful in providing people with a stunning view of the iconic Howrah Bridge and also is the perfect place for photography lovers and it is asked to avoid any kind of overcrowded scenario in the whole process.
- College Street:If individuals are interested to shop for books in Kolkata then there can be no better place than college Street. This is one of the most important places to be visited in the city of Kolkata and ultimately is the exact replica of the Dariyaganj of Delhi. The only difference between this is that this particular Street is open throughout the week. Everything ranging from educational books to second-hand novels will be easily found in this particular place and further, it is advisable for people to wear very comfortable clothes and shoes in this particular place so that everyone will be able to have the perfect experience of roaming over here.
- South Park Cemetery in Kolkata: This is another very important place which people need to visit especially if they are a fan of everything spooky and haunted. This particular place is one of the most important haunted places in India and ultimately is helpful in providing people with a good understanding of the architectural style from the British era. Taking a walk through this particular area during the day will be helpful in providing people with access to go to picnic spots which are plenty of birth admiring. But by the night this particular place is shut down, entry is prohibited due to different kinds of strange incidents which have happened over here in the past.
- Old Chinatown: This is the best possible place in India which is basically considered to be heaven for all the individuals who are interested to test the delicacies of the Asian country. This particular place has very well evolved after Chinese traders who came for work and ultimately settled over here. This particular place has now lost some of the authenticity but still, some of the places in this particular place are helpful in providing people with access to authentic Chinese appetisers which are worth visiting. You can very easily try fishbowl soup, prawn crackers, momos and poke sausage over here which will be helpful in providing you with the best possible satisfaction to the taste buds.
- Indian Museum in Kolkata: This particular place was laid down in 1814 and is one of the most important and oldest possible museums in the whole world. It comes with 35 galleries which are historically filled with items like skeletons, Burmese, sacred items, fossils and other associated things. Basically, this is the largest possible multipurpose museum in the whole of the Asia-Pacific region for individuals.
In addition to the above-mentioned points, visiting the MP Birla planetarium in Kolkata is also a very good idea after planning the stay into JW Marriot Kolkata so that everyone will be able to have the best in class experience.