When you want to turn the mirror into a friend you have to be concerned about altering your appearance. Sure, some clever tricks with cosmetics can help you to look more attractive but such an action is strictly temporary. You may have to resort to cosmetic surgery especially a rhinoplasty or nose job when you are eager to shorten the long nose or widen your nostrils so that your face looks uniform and harmonious.
No worries! Such surgery is commonplace provided you can afford the procedure and take a week or ten days off from work. Success does not come guaranteed, however. You may turn to the best Cincinnati rhinoplasty surgeon and request advice.
Going through the required consultation with the chosen surgeon will give you an idea of what you may expect. You may want to check the before and after photographs of previous patients alongside too. Better still, is the application of technology that the surgeon will ensure to provide you with 3D images of how your face will appear after full recovery. Do not have unrealistic expectations, however. You are not likely to transform into a raving beauty overnight.
You have to think about your eagerness to have your nose altered before you visit a doctor though. It is most important to be assured that you are a good candidate for the procedure.
The medical professional will be convinced of doing a perfect job when you are between 20 and 40 years of age. However, the best surgeons can perform the procedure successfully on older patients who may be pushing 70 as well. However, it is always better to undergo surgery when you are healthy enough to recover speedily after the procedure. It would help if you enjoy good general health and happen to be a non-smoker. Do not hesitate to disclose your medical history and be sure to inform the surgeon about the surgeries that you have had in the past. The professional will help you to be prepared by removing the worry points well before you enter the OR. Sadly, you will not be accepted as a candidate for rhinoplasty if you have bleeding problems i.e. the blood fails to clot in time.
Tips For Finding The Right Cincinnati Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Opt for a board-certified professional with years of experience in performing rhinoplasty surgeries.
- Apart from cosmetic surgeons, professionals who perform oral and maxillofacial surgeries are equipped to handle rhinoplasty too.
- Otolaryngologists or ENT surgeons also have the requisite training.
- However, it is advisable to ask about their experience instead of checking their educational qualifications avidly.
- It is best to visit a practitioner initially and obtain recommendations about a suitable surgeon.
- Do not hesitate to have a consultation with the selected surgeon. Opt for him/her only if you feel comfortable opening up in front of the professional.
- Having all your queries answered will enable you to trust the surgeon and be satisfied with undergoing the surgery.
You may also inquire about the possibility of receiving insurance money when the Cincinnati rhinoplasty surgeon performs the surgery for medical reasons.