Everything that you need to know about composite decking boards
Composite decking has been in business for quite some time now, and it has proven to be a wiser and more durable alternative to standard wood. Composite lumber comprises wood, plastic, fibres, and various binding agents, all catering to providing durability, density, and strength to the decks made from “composite lumbers”. In case we are situated in Australia or any other part of the world, we can reach out and contact the composite decking Melbourne store and enhance the wonder of our house today.
Advantages of composite decking over simple decking made of wood
Talking about the advantages, we don’t need to paint, sand, or stain the finished material from the manufacturer. It is a more durable, low maintenance, and longer-lasting counterpart to simply “wood”. Even though some composite decks are non-recyclable, they are long-lasting, with a longevity of 25+ years, compared to 12-15 years of decks made of wood or plastic. When we purchase composite decking from the decking suppliers’ Melbourne store, we invest in life because of its immense longevity and unmatched quality.
In short, the advantages are:
- More durable
- No splintering
- Less maintenance cost
- Greater longevity
- Harder and of better quality
- No need to repaint every year
- Upkeep is significantly less expensive
Visit our composite decking suppliers Melbourne to know more, and probably get one for yourselves.
Differences between traditional wood decking and modern composite decking
Traditionally decking was entirely made by pressure-treating wood. Composite decking brings in elements like plastic, fibres, and specific binding agents that prove to be stronger and more efficient than just wood. Our houses are bound to look more gorgeous and splendid when composite deckings from eco-decking Melbourne are there to uplift the overall beauty of our gardens.
- Timber deckings will last us 10-12 years at the most, whereas composite ones will last us 25-30 years.
- These aren’t prone to damage from insects and pests that destroy wood.
- The cost of upkeep for the composite decks is relatively less than the wooden ones.
- Composite decking doesn’t weather or split or rot that easily. Since they don’t crack, we don’t have to take them down.
What are the ways of identifying the best composite decking out there?
Some of the best ways of finding the finest composite decking out there include:
- Knowing where the wood flour has come from.
- The type of wood that has been used.
- Recognising the various additives that may be present.
- The importance of understanding the hollow decking structure.
- Not fooling yourself over the fact that recycled timber is used.
Composite decking suppliers Melbourne are the best place to try out various facets of this modern decking system, provided that it’s trusted by many.
Knowing how to install these composite deckings
Once you have got your head around this thing and are ready to make your first purchase, you must also prepare to install these composite deckings. You must have proper notes on the materials you’d need and the location of these deckings to have the upper hand in the installation process.
The installation process has these five main steps:
- Building the basic frame
- Laying down the very first board
- Laying down the rest of the composite decking boards one after the other
- Installing the final two boards
- Finishing it and making it look fascinating
Decking suppliers Melbourne is your one-stop shop for all your buying and installation needs regarding the finest composite decking boards in the world.
How much do composite decking boards cost?
As estimated, the material costs for composite decks range between 15$-30$ per square foot, including decking, substructure, and fasteners. The three main factors determining the cost of these boards include:
When looking for the composite decking Melbourne price to be within substantial limits and, at the same time, to be of the finest quality, made with state-of-the-art technology, look no further than eco decking Melbourne.
White composite decking and grey composite decking are also great options when it comes to enhancing the overall extravaganza of our homes. With soothing colours like white and grey that define the calm arctic serenity, these can be our perfect escape for reflection, stillness, and return to wonder.
Visit our eco decking Melbourne store to know more, and get the perfect hands-on experience.