Summary – The digitalisation of financial services has made it easy for people to apply for home loans online. Whether you want to apply for a housing loan in Delhi, Mumbai, Punjab, Gujarat, or any other city/state, the documentation process is more or less the same. Check out our list of documents required for home loans.
Acquiring your own home is a dream come true for many! However, procuring one can be a stressful process, especially if it requires you to shell out most of your hard-earned savings.
A home loan comes as a saviour, which not only helps you pay for the larger amount of your home purchase but also comes with several benefits:
- You can get your ideal home
- Repayments according to your financial conditions
- Tax Benefits
- Asset development
- Simple procedure, quick and hassle-free application, and disbursal process
Types of Home Loans
Here are some of the key types of home loans.
- Purchase of a Home Loan
- Home Improvement Loans
- Home Construction Loans
- Home Extension Loans
- Plot Loans
- NRI Home Loans
What Are the Required Home Loan Documents?
The documents required to apply for a housing loan could vary from one financial institution to another. However, here is a generic list of home loan required documents.
1. Home Loan Application – Duly Filled and Signed/stamped
2. Age and Identity Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s ID Card
3. Address Proof
- Bank Passbook
- Proof of Water Tax or Property Tax
- LIC Policy Receipt
- Utility Bills (Electricity Bill, Gas Bill, Telephone Bill, Water Bill)
- Voter’s ID/Ration Card/Passport
- Letter from a government agency validating the address
4. Education Qualifications
5. Income Proof
6. Property Documents
- Stamped Sale Agreement/Sales Deed/Letter of Allotment
- Certificate of Possession
- NOC from the builder/housing society
- If it’s a new house: payments made to the builder/developer, and the receipts
- Estimated construction costs by the architect or civil engineer
- Evidence that there are no hindrances to the property
- An approved copy of the plans by local authorities
- Title Deeds, along with preceding property documents (if it’s a resale)
- In the event of a newly built house/apartment, a bank account statement and an occupancy certificate are required
7. Other Documents
There could be other specified documents according to the city. For example, for a Housing loan in Delhi, you may need to present different documents to the financial institution, compared to acquiring a housing loan in any other city or state of India.
Other documents also include
- Passport-sized photographs
- Past six months’ bank statements
- Details regarding existing loans in the name of an individual/corporate entity and proof of repayment of outstanding debts (if any)
- A bank check in favour of the financial institution for the processing fee
8. Additional Home Loan Documentation for NRIs/PIOs Applicants
KYC Documents like the following are required:
- Address Proof (the current address where you are living)
- Passport with VISA stamps / PIO Card
Gone are the days when applying for home loans was a burdensome task. Everything is digitalised, and the role of the mediator has been eliminated. There is direct communication between the individual and the financial institute, which makes it easier and more convenient to apply for a housing loan today!
This was all about the home loan required documents to process a home loan. Make sure that all documents are self-attested.