When Mac users receive a file in MSG format, it either be a simple email, contact, reminders, or any Outlook data. To access it offline or just to protect the data from any corruption, they look for ways to convert MSG files to PDF. As a PDF file is more secure and is easy to access from anywhere.
Now, the question arises “How do I change an MSG File to a PDF?”. Stay on this blog till the end to learn about the best solution to convert MSG to PDF without Outlook. We will share some best techniques that will help users to convert the MSG files in detail. First, we will discuss a few of the advantages of a PDF file format over MSG format.
Benefits of Converting MSG files into a PDF Format
There are various advantages of PDF files that provoke users to convert messages to PDF format. Here we have stated a few of them.
- Data is more securely stored in a PDF file format compare to MSG format.
- It is easy to access a PDF file from anywhere and on any device.
- PDF files prevent any unauthorized access or modification of data.
- Users can encrypt PDF files to protect the privacy of data.
The benefits mentioned above are the key factors for Mac users to convert MSG to PDF Without Outlook. Let’s move on to the following section to learn more about the procedures that can be used to perform this conversion.
How to convert MSG to PDF on Mac?
Users can choose from a variety of manual and automated methods to batch convert MSG to PDF. Out of all those techniques, we have revealed the ones that are the most trustworthy for getting the work done.
#Method 1: A Manual Approach to Convert MSG to PDF Without Outlook
There are two ways using which Mac users can perform the conversion of MSG files manually.
Step 1: Using the Print Dialogue Box
This method allows to directly print the MSG file into a PDF format:
- Open the MSG file and then click Ctrl+P, the print dialogue box window appears.
- From the print dialogue box select Adobe PDF as your printer.
- Now, go to Print this page and then navigate to Options for printing.
- Now, move to the Attach files and then the Print option.
- Click on Print to get all the attachments in separate PDFs.
Step 2: Using Add-ons for Outlook
- Open MS Outlook, then go to the Adobe PDF tab.
- Select Setup Automatic Arrival settings, then click Add to add the MSG files.
- Now, choose Run Archival Now from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, navigate to Settings then Include All Attachments.
The above shared manual methods are sure easy to convert MSG files to PDF. But there are certain restrictions that do not make it an apt solution. In the following section, we will take a look at these restrictions.
Restrictions of the Manual Method
The manual method to convert MSG to PDF without Outlook is easy to try, but its limitations force people to reconsider their decision. Below we have mentioned a few of these drawbacks.
- Using this method users may face issues in converting large-size MSG files.
- During the conversion, there are chances of data alteration or mismanagement.
- Users are unable to convert multiple MSG to PDF at once.
- They can not remove duplicate email messages from the conversion process.
- This process is very time-consuming and not suitable for novice users.
The above limitations can easily be eliminated by using a professional Mac MSG Converter Tool.
#Method 2: An Automated Solution to Bulk Convert MSG to PDF
A professional MSG Converter for Mac is the foremost solution to single/bulk convert MSG files to PDF file format on Mac. The various inbuilt advanced features of this tool help to convert MSG to PDF without Outlook in a more reliable and secure way. Users can also convert/migrate the MSG files to other various file formats and email clients effortlessly. It does not alter single data and maintains the originality of the folder hierarchy throughout the conversion process. Moreover, we can eliminate duplicate email messages from the conversion process without any data alteration.
Procedure to convert multiple MSG to PDF on Mac
- Download and Launch the MacSonik MSG converter tool on Mac.
- Opt for the single or multiple file/folder option and then click on the Browse button.
- After clicking the Browse option, add the required MSG files.
- Check the MSG folder/files that you want to convert and then click Next.
- Now, select PDF as the saving file format from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to initiate the conversion process.
Also Read: How to Open MSG Files without Outlook on Mac OS
In this blog, we have covered all the possible reasons to convert MSG to PDF without Outlook on macOS. We have also shared the possible and reliable approaches i.e, both manual and professional to perform the MSG file conversion. Going with a professional solution is always beneficial as it provides a better and more secure migration of MSG files with accuracy. The automated solution is also one of the most opted solutions by many experts.