Before registering for the CA course, you must check the CA Course eligibility. Here, we will mention the eligibility details of all the CA levels. Scroll down to know.
Chartered Accountancy is a prominent professional credential that is recognized globally. The course provides many employment prospects in diverse industries, including finance, accounting, auditing, taxes, and secretarial activities. With its unique combination of theory and practice, chartered accounting is the only certification that educates ambitious professionals with in-depth technical knowledge, commercial acumen, analytical abilities, and ethical standards, therefore equipping them to quickly ascend the corporate ladder.
If you are pondering how to become CA, so you have to clear the three levels of the CA course and complete the mandatory three years of Articleship training. But before that, you must be eligible to apply for the CA course. So, let’s check the eligibility of all CA levels.
CA Course Eligibility Criteria
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) administers training and assessments at several course levels for a candidate to qualify as a Chartered Accountant. Furthermore, the CA course has three primary levels: Foundation, Intermediate, and Final. A candidate can undertake the Chartered Accountancy course through the CA Foundation or the Direct Entry Route.
Below, we will outline the CA Course Eligibility criteria for each level.
CA Foundation Eligibility
- For being eligible to appear for the CA Foundation examination, a candidate must clear their +2 examinations along with four months of study following CA registration.
- The aspirants have to register with the Board of Studies and also complete the four-month study duration.
- Students who enrol by January 1 or July 1 are eligible to appear in the May/November examinations.
- Also, ICAI has no age restrictions for CA Foundation exam registration.
Moreover, to clear the CA Foundation exam, the student has to clear four subjects and meet the passing criteria. Additionally, this is the eligibility criteria for students willing to prepare for CA via the Foundation route.
CA Intermediate Eligibility
The CA Intermediate course, often known as CA Inter, is the second stage of the Chartered Accountancy curriculum. The course has two groups of four subjects each.
For the Foundation route, students have to clear the CA Foundation exams.
However, for direct entry into the CA Intermediate course, the CA Course Eligibility is as follows:
- In this direct entry route, graduates/postgraduates from Commerce discipline with at least 55 per cent total or equivalent score may apply. Still, they should have studied the necessary subjects.
- Graduates and postgraduates in disciplines other than Commerce should have earned a minimum of 60 per cent overall or its equivalent grade in an exam administered by a recognized university (including Open University).
- Candidates who have completed the Intermediate level examination administered by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India or The Institute of Cost Accountants of India are also eligible for entrance through the Direct Route. Additionally, these applicants are exempt from the Foundation prerequisite and may enrol directly in the Intermediate course.
- Provisional registration for the Intermediate course is also available to candidates in their last year of college. The registration of specific candidates would be regularized only upon the submission of their last year’s marks obtained or a passing certification within six months from the date of their final graduation examination appearing and upon completing the ICITSS (Orientation Course and Information Technology).
- Also, during the provisional enrollment period, candidates may finish and undertake ICITSS (Orientation Course and Information Technology).
CA Final Eligibility
So the CA Final is the last stage of the CA Course. The CA Course Eligibility for the CA Final is as follows:
- To qualify for the CA final exam, students must get at least a 50% on the CA intermediate examination.
- Further, finish four weeks of ICITSS before beginning practical training. Register and complete 2.5 years of practical training.
- The institution has no age requirement for taking the CA final exam.
CA Foundation Registration Process
Now that students know the CA course eligibility criteria, let’s check the registration process.
- Visit the ICAI website -icaiexam.icai.org.
- Fill in all the relevant information, then choose “Generate OTP.” Your enrolled email address or cellphone number will get the OTP.
- To finish the validation, input the obtained OTP. Following that, use the login credentials to log in to the official ICAI website for proceeding with the registration process.
- After that, use the credentials you received to log in to the ICAI website.
- You will have two selections; go with the Student Cycle on the left-hand side.
- Click “Apply for Foundation” after that.
- So the form will appear in the subsequent window, with some information pre-filled. Yet, you must fill in the incomplete areas before clicking “Save and Next.”
- In scanned form, upload all the asked documents.
- Then include your signature and photograph.
- Then complete the registration procedure by paying the required fees.
- Take the registration form’s printout with you. Include the necessary documentation. Lastly, you must mail it to the ICAI’s postal address.
If you fulfil all the CA Course Eligibility, proceed with the CA registration process. CA Coaching is essential for clearing the exam on the first attempt. For the best CA coaching, join VSI Jaipur. Contact the team for more details.