Linksys WiFi range extender is the quickest way to boost the range and speed of WiFi. If you are facing slow speed of the internet at home then read out this page carefully. Let’s start the process.
Note: Before doing the setup process of the Linksys range extender, first you will need to login into the Linksys range extender.
How To Login Into Linksys Range Extender
Consider the lower steps to do this method.
- In beginning, Open any navigation and type the Web address http//extender.linksys.com in the search bar.
- After that, use your Linksys account Username and password, then hit on login.
- Verify that you have filled in the correct router model number by checking the tag of your device.
- Further, click on ‘Get Started’ from the extender setup page.
- In the end, follow all the setup instructions for the Linksys extender device step by step.
Essential Requirements Of Linksys Extender Installation
- The first basic thing is you must have an active power adaptor and Linksys extender device.
- Without these things, you can’t do with the Linksys extender login and setup process.
- In addition, you will also need an ethernet cable. (To connect Linksys extender device to computer)
- Hence, there are many other options available such as WiFi.
- In most cases, it may work better.
- But, it depends on which type of connection is suitable for your situation.
How To Setup Linksys Range Extender
Through three methods you can easily and quickly do the installation process.
- Without using a computer.
- By Linksys Application
- By Wireless setup method.
Configure Linksys Range Extender- Without Computer
- First, join your Linksys extender to the router with an ethernet cable.
- Now, put the power plug of the Linksys extender in the power socket and wait until it boots up.
- After this, connect your device to Linksys extender WiFi or via ethernet wire.
- Further, login into Linksys extender.
- Now, fill in the web address of the Linksys extender in the location bar of a browser.
- Linksys extender login page will be open on your display.
- Thereafter, fill in all the details which are shown on the login page such as username and password.
- Now, go to the network settings, and enter your wireless network name.
- In last, hit on the setup process, to connect your Linksys extender to the router.
Connect Extender To Router Via Linksys Application
If you want to do the setup process of the Linksys extender by Linksys application then consider these steps.
- First, join your Linksys extender to power the outlet.
- Following this, wait for the red LED at the top of the Linksys extender turns solid green.
- Next, download and open Linksys application on your mobile phone.
- Later, go to settings and tap on network and connectivity>extender>add extender> pick configuration wizard.
- Lastly, consider all the instructions which are shown and given by the application to do the installation process.
Configure Linksys Range Extender By Wireless Setup Method
- To do the setup process of the Linksys range extender use the wireless setup method from the Linksys extender setup page.
- Now, enter your device’s Mac address.
- MAC address is a unique number that identifies your Linksys extender device.
- You can see the MAC address on the product sticker.
- After that, type username and password credentials to access the Linksys extender login page.
- Hence, you can see the configuration link on your screen. Tap on it.
- In the end, follow all the setup instructions one by one
Note: After the setup of the Linksys range extender, if your extender keeps disconnecting then follow these troubleshooting tips.
Keep Your Linksys Extender Closer To Router
The most common reason is extender is too far away from the router, by which your Linksys extender keeps disconnecting. If your Linksys extender connects to the router but can’t reach the WiFi signal. Then we suggest you place your extender near to host router to get a WiFi signal.
The best placement for a Linksys range extender is the central location of the house and office. While doing this we hope your extender keeps disconnecting issue is now solved.
Note: Make sure that, don’t place your Linksys extender near metal objects because metal appliance absorbs the WiFi signal which comes from the router and extender.
Swap The Power Outlet
Attach your Linksys extender to another electrical outlet if your router is plugged into an electrical socket. In case, if you have more than one router at home, then you can use any one for this purpose.
Swap WiFi Channels Of Extender And Router
After the setup of the Linksys extender, if your extender is still not working then you can check the WiFi channels of the router and extender by following these few steps.
- First, go to the settings of the router by entering an IP address in the web browser or any computer which is connected to your network.
- After that, go to the wireless settings of the router.
- Now, scroll down the page and see the wireless channel and select it.
- In last, after changing all the settings click on save it.
Note: If the Linksys range extender is not solved then try out these additional tips.
Upgrade Linksys Extender Software
Upgradation of Linksys extender firmware will also help to solve the extender disconnecting issue. Observe the lower steps to start this method.
- First, connect your extender to the computer by ethernet cable.
- Make sure your extender does not connect to the router when you are doing this method.
- Now, go to the setup page of the extender by entering an IP address 192.168.1.1 in the web browser address bar.
- Further, in both username and password fields enter admin.
- After doing this, you will enter the settings of the Linksys extender.
- Now, click on the administration option, and under that tap on the firmware update.
Reset Linksys Extender
- First, carry the paper clip.
- After that press the reset hole button with a paper clip.
- Make sure only press the reset hole button for 3 to 5 seconds, until you hear a sound like a bell.
- In the end, wait for a few minutes to reset your Linksys extender completely.
Note: This method is also called by another name soft reset. After the reset of the Linksys extender, you will also need to do the setup process of the Linksys extender again.
So, with the help of this page, you will study the deep knowledge of Linksys range extender devices. If you are still facing an issue then contact us!