2 Easy Ways To Do Configuration Process Of Linksys Velop
Linksys velop is a mesh WiFi system that helps to create a strong WiFi signal. Linksys velop setup process involves two series of steps. You can easily do the setup of velop nodes by a computer or mobile device.
Method 1: Setup Velop For Android Mobile User
You can easily do the setup of Linksys velop by Linksys application. Consider these steps one by one.
Pre-requirements Before Doing Setup Method
- There is a requirement for the latest version 2.16.8 in the Linksys application.
- You must have the latest mobile technology.
- You can easily create a Linksys account on the Linksys application.
- With the help of a cable router and modem, you will get a high-speed internet connection.
Configure Linksys Velop Via App
- First, installed the Linksys application from the google play store.
- It requires the latest 6.0 or above version and the size of the Linksys velop application is 43MB.
- Now, open the Linksys application and consider all the instructions to make an account.
- After turning on your Linksys velop node, wait for a while to blink a solid purple LED.
- Further, open a Linksys velop app and click on a new WiFi network setup.
- Moreover, on the left side of the Linksys velop device pick the whole home mesh WiFi and you will also require to turn on your Bluetooth.
- Hit on ‘Plugged in’ for confirmation.
- Thereafter, pick up the location for the Linksys velop node.
- In the next step, pick ‘It’s In the open’
- Thereafter, follow all the display instructions.
- Now, verify all the LEDs, if the LED blinks purple then tap on yes. Otherwise, click on NO.
- If you have a Linksys cloud account then tap on login. If you don’t have then create a Linksys cloud account.
- After that, consider all the instructions to connect the node to the Linksys cloud account
- As a result, you have successfully done the setup.
Tip: After the setup, if you want to change any settings of the Linksys device then go to the extender.linksys.com.
Method 2: Configure Linksys Velop Without An Application
Before Doing this method, consider these steps
- Take a laptop and computer in your hand.
- Use a reset button when you are doing the factory reset of the node.
- Until you do not see the red light on your device, don’t leave the button.
- With the help of the ethernet cable attach your modem to the node.
Steps To Consider To Setup Linksys Velop Without App
- First, attach your Linksys velop device to the power source.
- Then, connect one of the nodes to the modem.
- Use an ethernet cord for this connection.
- You must be sure that both devices must be powered on.
- In case you fail to detect an internet connection on the velop node then verify all the cables are connected perfectly.
- If so, just try to reboot your modem by taking out the plug from the power cord and after 30 seconds putting back the plug in the power cord.
- Now, locate all the velop nodes in the different areas of your house.
- Verify that, there is an active internet connection between each node and terminal devices such as a computer and laptop.
- When every Linksys node has a perfect connection with each other then the LED of each node turns solid blue.
- By computer, attach to your router WiFi network and open a web browser.
- Now, enter the IP address of the Linksys router in the address bar of navigation.
- If you don’t know the IP address then you can see the back side of your device.
- By using the default admin password, you will easily login into your Linksys mesh WiFi system account.
- Under the connectivity tap on CA setup.
- In the end, click on ‘Setup a new device’ and consider all the display instructions carefully.
Now, you have successfully configured your device by using a Linksys velop setup without app method.
Specification Of Linksys Velop LED
The LED which is located at the top of Linksys velop device provides you with much more information on the operation of the node.
Blue LED On Velop Product
- Flash blue LED determines that your Linksys velop device is powered on.
- A stable blue LED determines that your Linksys velop device works perfectly without any trouble.
Purple LED On Velop Gadget
- Flash purple LED defines that attach your Linksys velop device to your mobile gadget for the installation process.
- On the other hand, a solid purple LED establishes that your device is now ready for installation.
Red LED On Your Linksys Velop Device
- A flashing red LED determines that your Linksys velop device lost the internet connection from the power node.
- A solid and stable red LED examines that your Linksys device lost the internet connection.
Yellow LED On Your Linksys Velop Gadget
- A stable yellow LED defines that your velop node is far from another node that connects velop.
Common Issues During Linksys Velop Setup
There are many types of issues that people face during the configuration process of the Linksys velop device.
- There is no internet connection on the laptop and computer.
- Linksys’s official website does not work perfectly.
- The username and password do not match.
- The IP address of the existing router does not detect it automatically.
How To Solve These Common Issues
See all Cable Connection
Verify all the cables which connect to Linksys velop. If you see any damaged wire then replace it with a new one. After replacing, see your computer and laptop. If you see an internet connection then your velop issue is solved and you will now feel relaxed.
Check The Placement Of the Linksys Velop Device
Place your Linksys velop device at the central location of the router and computer. Make sure that your Linksys velop device must be within the wireless range of the router. The metal object does not lie near your device otherwise you can face the slow speed of the internet.
Upgrade Linksys Velop Software
Upgrading the firmware of the Linksys range extender will help you to troubleshoot these common issues. Consider these few steps to do this method.
- In the beginning, open a navigation and enter the web address in the location bar.
- After that, you can see the login page of Linksys velop on your display.
- Now, fill in all the details which are shown on the screen.
- Further, you will enter the settings of the Linksys velop device.
- In the end, select the Firmware update option and download it.
Reset Your Linksys Velop Device
If you fail after trying all the above-mentioned methods then try this final method.
- First, look for the reset hole button on your device.
- The reset hole button is mainly located on the back side of the device.
- Now, with the help of a paperclip press the reset hole button.
- In the end, wait for a while and your device is successfully and completely reset.
Note: After the reset of the Linksys velop device, you will need to do the Linksys velop setup again.
We expect after reading this post, you will be able to know the two ways of Linksys velop setup. After trying troubleshooting tips, if you are facing an issue then contact the internet service provider.